NB: For every entry we will make a donation to the Ocean Clean Up
It’s time for a bit of good ol’ sailor fun … we’re setting a challenge for all deck crew (or in fact for anyone that would like to join in) but for the purpose of this challenge, it will be called, the RSB DECK CREW Challenge!
We’d like to know how many of you deckies out there are good with your knots! So, without too much ado this is whatchagotta do…
– Complete the challenge below on film
– Post on your Facebook/Instagram Stories or Profiles
– Tag @RSBRigging #deckcrewchallenge
– Nominate fellow yachties to take up the challenge and tag them
– The person with the most points wins the swag
Extra points are for:
– Each knot tied gets 1 point
– Extra points for tying the knots blind folded, tying the one handed knot behind your back, throwing the bowline behind your back…
– Each nomination (whereby the nominee completes a knot) gets 1 extra point
– Completing the challenge in fancy dress gets 10 extra points
– Completing the challenge whilst humming Rod Stewart’s ‘We Are Sailing’ gets 10 extra points
– Completing the challenge in fancy dress whilst humming gets 25 extra points
– Tie a bowline with hands behind back
– Tie a one handed bowline
– Throwing a bowline
So what can you win!?
The SWAG is literally that… Sailors swag.
We are putting together an RSB Deck Crew Swag Bag! In which there will be a whole host of deck crew essentials such as a rigging knife, an RSB cap and t-shirt, dog bone loop, rigging carabiner, a tub of needles, a palm and a roll of whipping twine, all collected together inside the essential bit of deck kit: a bosuns bag.
This challenge will run until the beginning of April so GET INVOLVED!